May 18, 2020 Update:
The team here at Denver Back Pain Specialists is very excited to announce that effective today, we are starting to see patients for in-person visits once more. This transition will be gradual and we will adapt to regulations and guidelines in order to continue providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Please be advised of a few changes in the office as a result:
- Schedules will be staggered to help us practice social distancing and limit the number of people in the office. We will still be conducting Televisits as much as possible.
- Every person in the office is required to wear a mask. Please come prepared, and if you do not have a mask at home, a facial covering for your nose and mouth, such as a bandanna or scarf will work. Personal protective equipment is in short supply and unfortunately we do not have enough masks to give out to all our patients and team members.
- When you arrive at the office, the door will be locked. Please ring the doorbell and a front desk team member will come out to greet you. If there is more than one patient waiting, please be mindful of keeping 6 feet apart and utilize the tape indicators on the floor.
- Upon check-in, your temperature will be checked. Any person with a fever over 100.4 F will be rescheduled. We will also be asking some screening questions to ensure the health and safety of our other patients and team members.
- Check-out will occur in the exam rooms. This includes scheduling of future appointments, PT/imaging/medication orders, collecting of copays/deductibles, etc. You will then be instructed to exit through a dedicated door.
- To help us effectively practice social distancing, please do not bring anyone to your appointment unless you are a minor bringing a parent or patient bringing a caregiver.
Additional guidelines are in place for the surgery center, if you have a procedure planned/scheduled, which will be provided to you at the time of scheduling.
If you have any symptoms of illness, or known/suspected recent exposure to COVID-19, please call us to reschedule your appointment. We are very happy to still see you for a Televisit and can coordinate all of your care through this mode. We often can accommodate you the same day for a Televisit, or keep your existing appointment time and simply change it to a Televisit.
Please be advised that you will also see some physical changes around the office, to include plexiglass at the front desk, rearrangement of the waiting room and signs posted with tape on the floor to help maintain social distancing.
We would also like to take a moment to remind you that we offer the outstanding behavioral health services of Joy Simpson. This time of uncertainty, fear and isolation can be difficult for even the most optimistic of people, but know that we are all in this together. Joy is offering sessions in-person and via telemedicine and we would encourage you to take advantage of her amazing skills.
Please see the services offered (now through Televsits) and conditions treated at our Pain Management & Diagnostics page. CBD is offered online as well as in-office, and more information can be found in our CBD (Cannabidiol) and Pain Management post.
We are here to help. Together we are strong and will weather this tumultuous time. We know that some of these changes may be difficult or unpleasant, but know that our top priority is the health, safety and well-being of our patients, team members and community. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate this unprecedented time in our society. We are honored to participate in your care.
Wishing you good health and safety, from your team at Denver Back Pain Specialists.