Televisit Access and Instructions
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine uses the most up-to-date technology to bring quality medical care to you wherever you are. With telemedicine, healthcare professionals are able to address their patients’ needs remotely for many common conditions and ailments.
When, why, and how to use healow TeleVisits
- For convenient, quality care – at work, at home, or on the road
- See your own physician for non-emergency and follow-up care
- Avoid the expense of travel, time off from work, or hiring a babysitter
- Prevent exposure to potentially contagious patients
- TeleVisits are easy – just use your smartphone, laptop, or PC
What is healow?
healow is a platform which allows patients and providers to stay engaged and to help patients take charge of their health. In addition to TeleVisits, healow offers Patient Engagement tools and trackers, Kiosk check-in, and online appointment booking.
How do I Participate in a TeleVisit?
For many people today, telemedicine is a convenient and effective way to see their healthcare provider. Before beginning your TeleVisit, make sure that you:
- Have an active Patient Portal account, with username and password
- Set aside a secure, private location
- Have Denver Back Pain Specialists’ practice code ready: EHFFBA
To begin your Televisit, follow these easy steps:
- “Arrive early” by logging in to your Patient Portal. If you can’t access the Portal, you can also begin your appointment through the reminder link sent to your email.
- Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard (or email reminder).
- Fill out any patient questionnaire, and provide requested personal information.
- Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit. If your computer does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
- Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit, and disconnect when the visit ends.